Business Visitor Visa
It is not unusual for our office to receive calls from distressed HR personnel who have discovered a non-UK client or colleague has been detained at the border.
In many cases, the visitor is relying on a Business Visitor Visa and border control staff are not satisfied that the visa’s criteria have been met.
How RVS Solicitors Can Help You Obtain a Business Visitor Visa
At RVS Solicitors, our business immigration team, led by Dr Lusine Navasardyan, we will work with your business to ensure that any clients/colleagues who need to enter the UK for commercial reasons apply for the correct visa and have the correct documents to support their application.
We are a modern, fully digital law firm based in the City of London.
As business people ourselves, we understand the need for swift action when a visa is required.
We know how vital it is to ensure travelling clients or prospects get a solid, positive experience when they enter the UK.
By entrusting our team to manage your Business Visitor Visa applications, you should feel confident that your visitor will have a smooth entrance into the country and be impressed by your organisation’s management skills.
See more of our business immigration services, including:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
What is a Business Visitor Visa?
A Business Visitor Visa is also known as a Standard Visitor Visa. It allows a non-UK national to enter and stay in the UK for up to six months and, provided it is not the main purpose for the Visa, study for up to 30 days.
Academics on sabbatical may stay up to 12 months.
The purposes for which an applicant can enter Britain on a Business Visitor Visa include to:
- Attend a conference, meeting, or training
- Take part in a specific sports-related event
- Perform as an artist, entertainer or musician
- Do research or accompany students on a study abroad programme
- Take a clinical attachment or observer post (health professionals or dentists)
- Take the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or sit the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- Seek funding or investment to start, take over, join, or run a business in the UK
Those who need to visit Britain regularly for longer can apply for a visa that lasts two, five, or ten years. However, six months is the maximum period a person can remain each visit.
Are there eligibility requirements?
For short visits, most business travellers will enter the UK on a Business Visitor Visa as its eligibility criteria are less onerous than other options, such as a Intercompany Transfer Visa. However, border officials meticulously check everyone who enters Britain as a visitor and have the right to ask questions. If they are not satisfied the eligibility criteria is met, they can and often will refuse entry.
To apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa, you need to prove the following:
- You will conduct business activities in the UK for less than six months, and have planned to leave the UK after this time
- You have money to support and accommodate yourself and your dependents without relying on any public funds in the UK
- You can pay for your onward journey
- You are conducting one permitted business activity listed above
- In the case of long-term UK Standard Visitor Visa, that you are required to frequently visit the UK for permitted business purposes
The Business Visitor Visa is often refused because either the border control officer is not convinced the holder will leave the UK at the end of six months or it is suspected that unpermitted business activity is planned.
To avoid the embarrassment and inconvenience of a refusal, talk to our team about your business visa requirements.