Obtaining an investor visa is a complex matter necessitating time and effort. Allow our top immigration lawyers to handle your matter for best results.
The Tier 1 Investor Visa is designed for those who are from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and have £2 million or more to invest in the UK.
For many High Net Worth individuals, eventually being able to obtain a British passport is the main reason to consider this route.
Most of those contemplating such a large investment are attracted by the flexibility that being a holder of British Passport gives, with hassle-free access to 184 countries.
However, Britain is also a very good market for investment. The fifth-largest economy in the world, it has easy access to the EU, Russia, the Middle East, and the east coast of America.
How Our Top UK Immigration Lawyers Can Help With Your Tier 1 Investor Visa
If you are seeking a UK Tier 1 Investor Visa, you can safely rely on our top immigration solicitors to make the process as easy as possible for you and your family. Our team will take care of the Tier 1 Investor Visa application process all the way through to settlement.
We understand that those who wish to gain UK citizenship by investment need to focus on their business interests and require a partner they can trust to take care of the details of their immigration matters.
What sets RVS Solicitors apart is our approach. We are truly a law firm for the modern age.
Our partners are well- connected, which means that we can introduce you to:
- Estate agents
- Wealth managers
Our service is predominantly digital, meaning you do not need to waste time on travel to communicate with us.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
How can I get a Tier 1 Investor Visa?
To obtain Tier 1 (Investor) visa, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You are from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have funds available to you and under your control of at least £2 million pounds or equivalent of it, which you are willing to invest in a UK based Active and Trading company.
- The funds must be held wither under your name or under the name of your spouse or partner.
- The money must be held in one or more regulated financial institutions, whether in the UK or overseas.
- You are able to show the source of fund that have been held by you for less than 2 years
- You have a UK bank account that can accept the funds designated for investment.
Our team will be able to recommend if the Tier 1 Investor Visa is the best option for you and your family based on your current circumstances. If you decide that you would like to proceed with an application to enter the country on the Investor Visa route, we will tailor how we work to accommodate your needs. Many of our high-net-worth clients request we deal with an advisor on their behalf, allowing them to focus exclusively on their business and other interests. Our flexible, digitally-based approach ensures this occurs seamlessly.
What can I do on Tier 1 Investor Visa?
The principle benefits of this Visa for high-net-worth individuals are:
- One of the shortest processing times of any business visa.
- You can travel freely out of the UK, for a maximum of 180 days
- You will be able to bring your family with you if you are successful
- You do not need to demonstrate any business experience
- There are no English language requirements
You may be eligible for ILR after five years with an investment of £2 million, three years with an investment of £5 million, or two years with an investment of £10 million.
What type of investments are accepted for Investor visa?
Our experienced immigration lawyers will ensure that you are successful in remaining on the Tier 1 (Investor) route and will eventually obtain your Indefinite Leave to Remain.
There are limitations as to where the money can be invested
- The investment needs to be into an active and trading UK company.
- The changes from March 2019 have eliminated he UK government bonds as allowable investments, so now any such investment will not be counted towards the £2 million investment.
- You may invest in a pooled investment that also receive funds from the UK government or devolved department, or one of its agencies.
- Investments made in property or in companies which mainly engage in property management or development work will not qualify under the Tier 1 Investor Visa Scheme.
- If it is an intermediate vehicle you are investing in, it will have to be one that is FCA regulated.
How can we help?
At RVS Solicitors, we have years of experience in meeting the needs of high-net-worth investors and their families. We understand you are investing a considerable amount of money to obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain and ultimately, British Citizenship. To help you achieve your objectives, we will work with your financial advisors to ensure your investment portfolio is run in accordance with the requirements of the Tier 1 Investor Visa.
The Tier 1 Investor Visa initially lasts for three years and four months. After this period, you will need to apply for an extension if you do not qualify for accelerated settlement. To extend your visa for two years, you will need to provide a series of investment portfolio reports produced by a UK regulated financial institution that show you have invested the required £2 million and maintained this level of investment throughout the three-year period.
Our team can assist you with collating this documentation to prove you meet the criteria needed to extend your visa and apply for ILR. We are smart, well-connected and resourceful, and will work adeptly with you and your advisors to ensure your citizenship by investment process goes smoothly.
Contact our team of London based immigration lawyers today to discuss your move to the UK. For a free assessment call our specialist immigration solicitors on +44 20 3372 5125 or complete our online enquiry form to make an appointment. Find out more information on our fees here.