Tier 2 & Tier 5 Visa Solicitors

At RVS Solicitors, we applaud any worker who wishes to enhance their career and gain valuable experience and skills in another country.

It takes courage to uproot your life for the prospect of a new job in a new country; however, the prospects for reward are vast in the UK.

Tier 2 and Tier 5 visas are available to those outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland who have secured employment in the UK with an employer who can issue a Certificate of Sponsorship.

The employer must have a Tier 2 or 5 Sponsor Licence.  Tier 2 and Tier 5 visas are issued as part of the Points-Based System (PBS), and to be successful, applicants must show they have sufficient points.

The Tier 2 visa is designed for skilled workers who are required to fill a vacancy on a long-term basis.  The Tier 5 visa, on the other hand, is for temporary workers.

Understandably, many skilled workers are keen to relocate to Britain to further their career or gain valuable work experience.

As an international economic powerhouse, Britain offers a vast amount of opportunity across a wide range of industrial sectors, including IT, finance (including fintech), engineering, medicine, and construction – many of which are experiencing a shortage of skilled workers, and are therefore keen to employ high-quality staff from outside of the EEA.

Get Advice & Legal Guidance on UK Immigration Today

Read more about our immigration services. Whether you are looking for Investor or Start up visas, need help with the EU settlement scheme or are immigrating under human rights purposes, we can help.

See our client testimonials. Learn more about our talented team. Contact us today for help.

Our experts in Immigration

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)

How can we help you obtain a Tier 2 or Tier 5 visa?

Our top immigration lawyers understand the requirements for Tier 2 and Tier 5 visas and work closely with many employers to help them gain Sponsor Licenses, which allows them to hire skilled people such as yourself.

By understanding the whole process, and by taking the time to understand you and your circumstances, we will submit an application that gives you the very best chance of success.

We are a modern, progressive, efficient, digitally-based boutique law firm that gets positive results while respecting your valuable time.

Where we differ from most traditional law firms is that we tailor our services to your immigration law needs.  Not only do we provide a bespoke service, we care for the lives of our clients, and their families, and we do everything we can to make the process as easy as possible.

To this end, you will have our direct contact information, and we will always make ourselves available to speak to you, if you have a question, would like an update, or would like to discuss any other matter.

What are the categories of Tier 2 visa, and am I eligible?

There are several categories under the Tier 2 Visa.  These are:

  • Tier 2 (General)
  • Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
  • Tier 2 Minister of Religion)
  • Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer)

To be eligible for a Tier 2 (General) visa you will need to:

  • Hold a valid certificate of sponsorship for your employment – provided by your employer
  • Provide evidence that your pay is appropriate for the role you will be fulfilling (typically £30,000 but this can vary depending on the job).
  • Meet the English language requirements
  • Have personal savings of £945
  • Show you can travel and your travel history over the last five years
  • Provide evidence of clear tuberculosis test results if you’re from a listed country
  • If you will be working with vulnerable people, provide a criminal record certificate for any country you have resided in for 12 months or more in the last ten years

The requirements for the other categories of Tier 2 visa will vary and can be found online at the UK government website.

What are the categories of Tier 5 visa and am I eligible?

Under the Tier 5 visa, there are six categories as follows:

  • Tier 5 (Temporary worker-charity worker) visa
  • Tier 5 (Temporary worker- creative and sporting) visa
  • Tier 5 (Temporary worker- government authorised exchange) visa
  • Tier 5 (Temporary worker- international agreement) visa
  • Tier 5 (Temporary worker- religious worker) visa
  • Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa

To be eligible for a Tier 5 Temporary Worker visa you will need to:

  • Provide your current passport
  • Hold a valid certificate of sponsorship for your employment – provided by your UK employer
  • Have personal savings of £945 (unless you have an A-rated employer who has certified your maintenance)
  • Provide evidence of clear tuberculosis test results if you’re from a listed country

If you are applying for a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa, you must be aged 18 to 30 and from, Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea, or

Taiwan – or a British overseas citizen, British Overseas Territories citizen, or

British national (overseas).

Both Tier 2 and Tier 5 applicants and their family members will have to pay the Healthcare Surcharge at the time of making their visa application.  This can be a considerable cost so be sure to work this into your budget.

What can I do if my Tier 2 or Tier 5 visa is refused?

If your visa is refused, you may be able to apply for an Administrative Review or Judicial Review.  If necessary, we can assist you with making these applications and have a strong track-record of success.

Can I bring my family with me?

Yes, under the Tier 2 (General) and Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer) categories, visa holders can bring their dependent family members, including your spouse, civil partner, and children under 18.

However, most of the remaining categories under Tier 2 and 5 require family members to apply separately for a visa.

We understand how important it is to have your family with you; therefore, our team will work closely with you to ensure your dependent family members fill out the correct application forms and submit the right documentation to obtain entry into the UK, to be with you.

To find out more about how we can assist you with obtaining a UK Tier 2 or 5 Visas, please contact our London office on 020 3372 5125 or complete our online enquiry form to make an appointment. Find out more information on our fees here.

Ask Us a Question

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Immigration News

    21st May 2020

    How to renew your UK visa

    You have been granted a UK visa that allows you to reside in the UK, study, work here or do business...


    What our clients say

      Etiam magna arcu, ullamcorper ut pulvinar et, ornare sit amet ligula. Aliquam vitae bibendum lorem. Cras id dui lectus. Pellentesque nec felis tristique urna lacinia sollicitudin ac ac ex. Maecenas mattis faucibus condimentum. Curabitur imperdiet felis at est posuere bibendum. Sed quis nulla tellus.


      63739 street lorem ipsum City, Country


      +12 (0) 345 678 9