Our family lawyers are highly experienced and have worked with many high-value, complex cases and helped to effectively communicate what finances would be formally considered; what you are entitled to and what is in reality possible in terms of the financial split on your divorce.
Family Solicitors provide specialist advice to abolish some of the uncertainties you are experiencing regarding financial matters owing to divorce or separation.
Taking into consideration the emotional impact of the action you are about to take, Solicitors should endeavour to provide a non-confrontational approach, and handle your case in a conciliatory manner. Ideally reaching a financial settlement without taking court action to ensure your best interest and preserve effective long-term relationships.
Financial disputes can be a major stumbling block in the divorce process and could take longer than the divorce itself. This is the business side of divorce and it may be the most important financial event of your life.
The choices and decisions that you make now may have an important influence on your financial well-being for many years to come. A Family Solicitor is qualified to provide you with information to steer you through your financial issues by explaining how the law works and what is taken into consideration.
There are distinct areas of the finances which need to be considered:
- Housing is often the most crucial aspect of the financial arrangements
- If there are savings or other assets of value then these need to be taken into account and divided.
- If one or the other of you has a pension then you need to consider whether there is entitlement to that pension by the other partner.
- It is necessary to consider whether in your case there will be ongoing maintenance payments by one party to the other.
- If there are any children then child maintenance and long term living arrangements need to be considered.